Marcos Joaquim has developed a solid career in the past 20 years by representing clients before the Brazilian High Courts, handling complex public law cases, involving particularly tax and administrative laws. He is a former partner of Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados, a Brazilian powerhouse. He has been successfully practicing advocacy for the past few years and has handled a broad range of matters from fiscal and regulatory matters to agribusiness and sports law. Inspired by positive results, Marcos joined efforts with fellow partners to found the first Brazilian firm specialized in advocacy.
He is a founding member of the Tax Research Institute, an adviser to the Special Commission for Tax Law, Vice President of the Special Commission for Oil and Gas Law of the Brazilian Bar Association, and a member in the Steering Committee of Government Relations of CESA (Brazilian Law Firm Think Tank). He is a regular speaker at tax conferences, a professor of tax law since 1998 and author of several articles and books.
- Specialization in Tax Law – Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo
- Bachelor of Laws – Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, 1996
- Benchmark Litigation (2019-2021)
- Best Lawyers – Tax (2017-2021)
- Chambers and Partners Latin America – Tax Centre West (2017-2020)
- Chamber and Partners Global – Tax (2014)
- International Tax Review – Tax Controversy Leader in Brazil (2017-2021)
- Leaders League – Civil and Commercial Litigation (2018-2021)
- Leaders League – Government Relations (2018-2021)
- The Legal 500 Latin America – Government Relations (2021)
- The Legal 500 Latin America – Tax (2021)
- The Legal 500 Latin America – Public Law (2017-2020)