Alan worked as a trainee, assisting judges and justices at the Appellate Court in Brasilia, the Superior Court of Justice and the Federal Supreme Court. As a lawyer, he worked in the tax litigation practice at Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados. Before joining MJAB, he established his own practice (Advocacia Flores Viana), where he litigated for the agribusiness sector. He is a partner at MJAB in the litigation practice.
He has been a member of the Special Tax Reform Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association in Brasília since 2016 and is one of the founding members of Instituto Brasileiro de Arbitragem Tributária (IBAT).
- MBE Energy – Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
- Specialization in Tax Law – Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários
- Bachelor of Laws – Centro Universitário de Brasília, 2015
- Benchmark Litigation (2019-2021)
- Leaders League – Civil and Commercial Litigation (2018-2021)
- The Legal 500 Latin America – Tax (2021)